Attempting Poetry


I never venture into writing poetry (simply because I'm bad at it); however, I just felt a little expressive tonight. This week has brought with it a lot of work, emotions, and plain-out exhaustion. I'm just so very thankful that I serve a God who sustains me through it all!

So, without further adieu, I give you…. Rosemary's first (and final) attempt at poetry:

To whom it may concern:

Most things are better left unbroken,
Most words better left unsaid.

Most wishes left unspoken;
off-course dreams, slain and dead.

Some days come without sunshine,
giving way to pouring rain.

There is no success without trying;
no love without the pain.

What happens when you're intersected
with pain that helps you grow?
Blind-sighted by the change it's bringing;
the hurting is all you know.

Half-hearted commitments,
relationships gone a-wry.
Does the outcome really matter,
or is the significance in the "try"?

Remember the way you were going,
the direction you believed to be right?
What happened to your footing, soldier?
What happened to your sight??

Perhaps, it wasn't the going 
that ended up to be wrong...
Maybe it was the path you chose to travel,
your companions,
your lack of foresight all along?

We each live with our choices,
and struggle with give and take.
We try to sleep - yet only nap -
on beds we poorly make.

Some times require an "I'm sorry,"
Everyday, you must forgive.

Some people sacrifice all for love,
Others choose to live.

Comments

  1. Keep writing!!! I think you are amazing.
    ~ carmen:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! That's mighty kind of you to say!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Reader's Favorite Posts

"That's Not My Name!"

For inquiring minds that would like to know… here's our story.

The Birth of Hope