Safe.

Safe.

Sometimes, I like to keyword search songs in my iTunes collection.
Today, I decided to do so with the word "safe."
When I keyword-searched this, I came up with two surprisingly different songs…
The first was Safe and Sound (from the Hunger Games) by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars, and the second was Safe by Phil Whickham.

If you haven't heard either, I highly recommend both. (Also, I recommend reading all of the Hunger Game series…. interesting reads, for sure.)

Though they're completely different artists and genres, I found it interesting that they both speak to the effect of running into someone else's arms in order to be safe.
To trust someone or something other than oneself.
There's no doubt that there's safety in numbers. and comfort in dependence.
And, might I add, there should be discretion in the choosing of such.
I just wonder...what/who are you banking on this year to make you feel safe? 

Comments

Reader's Favorite Posts

"That's Not My Name!"

For inquiring minds that would like to know… here's our story.

The Birth of Hope